Ginza: ISOLA blu (イゾラブル)

Summary: Probably one of the best Italian style pizzas you can get in Tokyo.

It’s pretty hard to get a terrible pizza, but if you want a truly magnificent pizza - go to ISOLA blu.

Back when I was working close by to Ginza, I would treat myself to ISOLA blu whenever I conveniently forgot that I was on a diet.

Their handmade wood-fired pizzas are baked in a hand-made stone oven, which is build by the same craftsmen from Napoli who had also built the oven at the original Isola.

Seriously, nothing beats the intense heat and smoky flavour that comes from a proper wood-fired oven.


I always get their PRANZO B lunch course, which is 1300yen for lunch salad, choice of pizza or pasta, cake and coffee.

Salad is simple, but really good.
You can really see and taste the freshness and quality of their ingredients.


Their pizza base is amazingly doughy, tender and chewy, yet beautifully airy and well-crisped on the edges. The flavours are simple but perfect - fresh mozzarella cheese and well-seasoned tomato base.  



After our pizzas, we got our cake and coffee to end our lunch.


Definitely recommended - the staff are friendly, shop setting is warm and cosy, and the food is amazing. 

Trust me - I have been here at least five times despite banning myself from carbs. You can't resist. 

Address: 1 Chome-138 Ginza, Chuo, Tokyo 104-0061
Phone: 03-5524-2520
Hours
Mon - Fri
Lunch
11:30am - 2:30pm(last order)  
Dinner
5.30pm - 11pm(last order)
Sat 11:30am - 11pm(last order)
Sun & PH 11:30am - 9.30pm (last order)
Websitehttp://www.isola.st/blu/

Comments

Popular Posts