Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Summary: Definitely drop by if you are in Ebisu and love a great coffee

Whenever I am at Ebisu, I always Always ALWAYS drop by Sarutahiko Coffee for a cup of their amazing coffee.

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)
sarutahiko coffee
Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

I am a hug fan of their cafe lattes, as well as their caramel lattes, which taste differs slightly based on the seasons.

Sarutahiko Coffee originally started with just hand-dripped coffee, but now they have imporved their selection to include espressos as well.

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

My date and I were planning to head to a different location for drinks afterwards, so we decided to drop by Sarutahiko Coffee just to get a coffee take out.

This time, I ordered their fresh caramel latte with red grapes aroma (490yen).

The actual cafe space is really small, but I would recommend sitting in the cafe to enjoy your coffee if you visit during offpeak hours. 

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)
dine in during a different visit - simply delicious!
They also sell their their special blend coffee beans, individually wrapped drip coffee packs, cafe latte concentrates and chocolates. If you buy their coffee beans, I believe they offer services to grind your beans for you if required.

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)

Their takeaway cup design is a treat to the eyes - I like the Japanese influence mixed with what we perceive as western drinks.

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)
previous design
Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)
current design!
Despite being always packed, their service staff are all smiles and friendly.
While waiting for our coffee outside the shop, one of the staff apologised for the long wait, and offered my date and me a small cup of their caramel latte to try to keep ourselves warm while waiting.

Ebisu: Sarutahiko Coffee (猿田彦珈琲)
small, thoughtful gesture
After we got our drinks, we were about to leave when the staff from earlier ran back out just to thank us and to say good bye to us. She waved good bye to us as we crossed the street - I think that was really sweet of her❤

If you are in Ebisu, this is a definitely must try.

Their cafe lattes is smooth with a light delicate flavour and rich aromas.
If you are someone who likes their coffee bitter and strong, Sarutahiko Coffee might not be for you, but if you are like me and love your lattes, I guarantee that you will fall in love with this place.

I am hardly ever impressed by homegrown Japanese cafes, but Sarutahiko Coffee has won me over, not just with their excellent coffee, but with their warm, friendly service.

Address: 1-6-6 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku,Tokyo 150-0013
〒150-0013 東京都渋谷区恵比寿1-6−6
Phone: 03-5422-6970
Hours; Mon - Fri 8am - half past midnight Sat, Sun & Ph 10am - half past midnight
Website: http://sarutahiko.co/

Comments

Popular Posts