Ebisu: TRATTORIA ORGOGLIO (トラットリア オルゴーリオ)

Summary: Kind of like visiting your Italian grandfather's place. 

It's been forever since I last hung out at Ebisu, so I am definitely glad to be back.

Ebisu is one of my most favourite night spots to hang out at. 
It is a trendy neighborhood featuring all kinds of restaurants and bars, from small Japanese izakayas to upscale French and Italian cuisines. 

My date and I were wanting to eat great food, so based on recommendations by her colleagues, we decided to TRATTORIA ORGOGLIO at Ebisu.






I thought it was great that they had an open kitchen - I really enjoy watching people work their magic with food.


Their walls on top of the kitchen bar counter was covered with alcohol labels from all over - unfortunately I am not much of a drinker, so I can't tell whether that was impressive or not.

all the wine labels
looks pretty though

I took a quick look at the other customers in the restaurant, and found that most of them were in their mid 40s to 60s. I was pretty sure I was the youngest person in the restaurant - save for one of the assistant chef who looked to be in his early 20s.

After I was satisfied with all the photos I snapped, we turn out attention to the menu.


As I mentioned earlier, I don't really drink, so I wasn't too interested in the drink menu, but I got a blood orange juice.

Their dinner menu was on some sort of promotion - usual price 5800yen to 3500yen.

Final discounted price wasn't super cheap but I figured it would be better than no discounts at all.


After ordering, they brought our drinks and a small bread basket for us.

bubbles and bread
chef owner hard at work
blood orange juice
Antipasto plate - I don't like raw ham, but it seems like it is a staple for all Italian starters.
While I didn't enjoy the raw ham, I finished everything on my plate.

I thought the marinated grilled vegetables was pretty good.


Next, we had our pastas. The pasta was slightly overcooked, but I thought the flavours were quite well done. I especially liked their truffle tagliollini.

italian fresh truffle tagliollini
stewed red wine beef spaghetti 
our pastas
Next, our mains came - I had their lamb chops, while my date had their seafood bouillabaisse.

bouillabaisse
grilled lamb chops - cooked just right
Finally, dessert was a simple but delicious treat - milk flavoured gelato on freshly cut fruits.

I love vanilla ice cream, but I realised that milk flavoured is completely different from vanilla. It's not as rich, but it has got a good milky taste which is light and refreshing.


Overall, a positive dinner experience.

Food was good, but to be honest I was not blown away by any of their dishes.
However, their service was really good, as they kept checking to make sure everything was to our taste, and food was served at a well pace.

Many of the servers were on the mature side, so we felt a little like we were visiting our grandfather's place for some hearty Italian food.

really random but their coaster is of a great quality!
Address: Biosビル1F Ebisunishi, 1 Chome−12−11, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0021
〒150-0021 東京都渋谷区恵比寿西1-12-11 Biosビル1F
Phone: 03-5459-2203
Hours: Mon - Sun 5pm - 11pm
Website: http://orgogliodelcasalta.com/concept/

Comments

Popular Posts