Ginza: bistro BARNYARD ginza (ビストロ バーンヤード)

Summary: Wholesome, organic California style food that will leave you very happy and satisfied. 

If you are looking for affordable but delicious, organic food at Ginza, look no further! I would suggest you drop by bistro BARNYARD located on the 7F of KIRARITO Ginza


The interior of the restaurant is modeled to look like a rustic community farm, to reflect their concept of organic food from farm to table. 




During lunch hours, they offer two different types of lunch course:



We decided to get the cheaper one - 2000yen.

The set comes with a choice of either salad or soup, main dish, ice cream, coffee or tea and free flow of freshly baked breads in house.  


The breads - I don't know how many different types of bread they serve, (at least 10) but definitely more than enough. They were all good, but I really like their brioche and tomato bread in particular.  

free flow of inhouse baked bread
For my course, I choose to have their clam chowder.

clam chower
The clam chowder was really simple - no potatoes, carrots or other vegetable bits in the soup like other clam chowders. The soup was light but creamy, and I enjoyed it with my soup.

After we finished our soups, they came back with more bread for us, but I wanted to save my stomach space for the mains so I kindly declined.

After a short wait, our mains came. 

I ordered the Setagaya Arigaton Pork Hamburg Pot-au-feu in Dutch Oven (+500yen).

setagaya arigaton pork hamburg pot-au-feu
The cheese topping was gooey and yummy, and the meat was really juicy. The pot-au-feu soup was really flavourful - I kind of regretted not getting more bread to dip it into my soup.

My companion decided to get their Roasted Iwate Chicken with fresh tomato and ravigote sauce. He was quite impressed by the natural taste of the ingredients - you could really tel that they use really high quality ingredients.

roasted iwate chicken with fresh tomato and ravigote sauce

meal from a different time
After our mains, we got our desserts and coffee.

We got some sort of seasonal yam ice cream - it was really good! I was kind of skeptical about it at first when I heard what it was made of, but the taste was amazing. Sweet, rich and creamy - you could taste the natural sweetness of the potato.


We also got pumpkin macarons - I dislike macarons but these were good. It's not too sweet, and it hasn't got the artificial flavouring and fake sweetness that many macarons have.


Organic coffee. To be honest I can't tell the difference between organic and non-organic coffee but it was good.


While it is a casual dining restaurant, service here is amazing.
Their usual service is good, but what I felt was something worth mentioning is their service recovery.

I was once having a lunch gathering with my (now ex) colleagues, when we noticed on one of our starter plates a wriggling little worm (every restaurant’s nightmare).

Since we knew the food here was organic, we didn’t really care too much. My friend (who had the worm on his plate) simply moved the worm aside and finished his salad.

The waiter came to clean our plates. My friend (such as easy-going guy!) didn’t bother to say anything about the worm to the waiter.

However, while clearing our plates, he noticed the little critter, and immediately notified his colleagues. They came up to our table, apologizing profusely about the worm and insisting on complimentary wine for every at our table.

I didn’t have the wine (personal preference), but I thought it was a very nice of them to take the first steps to show their sincerity.

Many things, I have been to restaurants that take a passive stand towards service, and only react when there is a major complaint. Even worse, there are restaurants that react badly to negative feedback, further fueling customer dissatisfaction.



Address: Kirarito Ginza 7F 1-8-19 Ginza Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061
〒104-0061 東京都中央区銀座1-8-19 キラリトギンザ 7F
Phone: 03-6228-7400
Hours: 11am - 11pm
Websitehttp://barnyard.jp/sys/?cat=2

Comments

Popular Posts