Yaesu: Bubbys (バビーズ)

Summary: Good ol' fashion hearty American fare


Bubby's is definitely one of my most favourite casual eateries in Tokyo. I have been here many many times, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts.

Established in 1990, Bubby’s began as a wholesale pie company in New York. Since its beginning, Bubby’s has set the standard for traditional American food, cooking everything from scratch, using many traditional family recipes and the best sources of ingredients available.




Opening as early as 7:30 a.m, Bubby's serves a variety of classic American dishes such as Eggs Benedicts, burgers, sandwiches, barbecued meats and pancakes.
Besides those food mentioned earlier, Bubby's is mostly famous for serving one of the best freshly baked home-style American pies you can find in Tokyo.

The eatery also offers takeaway, so people can drop in to pick something up before heading to the office.

I am a frequent visitor to Bubby's Yaesu and Shiodome branches, but they also have locations in Sakuragicho, Futakotamaga and Roppongi Ark Hills.

Due to its proximity to my house, I often drop by their Yaesu branch whenever I am in need of a pick me up.
It is located in Yaesu Underground Shopping Street (八重洲地下街), and is connected to Tokyo Station.
It can be a little challenging to find it, and even now I can get lost trying to locate it within this shopping labyrinth.

However, once you manage to locate this little gem, you know that you will be in for a sensory treat.





Their pies and other baked goods are displayed at their store front - the pies are available for both dine in and takeaways.



Great music, great decor - the restaurant ambiance is cozy, warm and welcoming. Picture frames hang from the wall, giving it a very rustic, countryside diner feel.

Food here is American sized, so it might be a good idea to share the food with friends.

breakfast
breakfast again
lunch
lunch again - eggs benedict
chili cheese fries (top)
blistered shishito peppers, lemon&sea salt (bottom)
Bubby’s nachos 980yen

Bubby's has got pretty good burgers, but I prefer to eat other things on their menu because I already have a place I would go to satisfy any burger cravings I get.

I really like their hand cut fries that goes with their burgers though - much better than a lot of frozen french fries you get at typical restaurants.

onion ring fries
fried chicken w/ waffle (bottom)
Their buttermilk fried chicken is one of the best I have had in Tokyo so far, but I am quite disappointed with the waffle.
They really have what it takes to be one of the best restaurants for fried chicken and waffles, so I really wish they would put in more effort on their waffles.

fried buttermilk chicken (top)
sauteed banana walnut pancakes (bottom)
I prefer to order their fried chicken on the side, and get their pancakes to have them together, 

sauteed banana walnut pancakes
 For those who don't want to take in too much calories, the pancakes itself is also a treat.
The portion is ENORMOUS, so I would recommend it to share. (I have yet to finish this on my own despite numerous attempts)

I don't understand why their pancakes don't get enough attention - I think its as good, if not better than the ones I had at Clinton Street Baking Co. The pancakes here are moist, rich and dense - they also give you an entire bottle of maple syrup, so you can drown your pancakes to your heart's content.

Definitely one of the places I would go whenever I am craving for good ol' fashion pancakes.

sauteed banana walnut pancakes
For their pies, I have had their Mile High Apple Pie, Whisky Apple Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, as well as other seasonal pies like their Blueberry Pie and Caramel Pumpkin Pie.

blueberry pie
blueberry pie
mile high apple pie 680yen

The food quality here is good, and prices are quite reasonable.
100% hearty, reliable western comfort food.
Service can be a hit and miss sometimes, but don't let that stop you from dropping by for a visit.
They have staff that can speak English, so I would definitely recommend this place for my foreign friends!

Make sure to save room in your tummy for Bubby’s world renowned pies!

Address: Naka 3-Goh Yaesu-chika 2-1 Yaesu Chuo-ku Tokyo
〒104-0028 東京都中央区八重洲2-1 八重洲地下街 中3号
Phone: 03-6225-2016
Hours: Mon - Fri 7.30am - 10,30pm (last order 9.30pm), Sat, Sun, PH 9am - 10pm (last order 9pm)
Websitehttp://www.restaurant-mrs.com/wp/restaurant_bubbys

Comments

Popular Posts