Omotesando: Cinnamon's Tokyo (シナモンズ)

Summary: Standard American breakfast foods and Hawaiian inspired plates and desserts. 

Cinnamon’s is an American breakfast brunch chain restaurant that first started in 1985 from the sunny resort island Kailua, Honolulu. 

Cinnamon’s was awarded the Hale Aina prize for best breakfast by Honolulu magazine two years in a row. Cinnamon's in Omotesando is the restaurant's first overseas expansion. 



Their menu offers typical American breakfast items such as eggs benedict, burgers, pancakes, french toast, omelettes, cinnamon rolls, as well as Hawaiian inspired plates like Poke and Locomocos. 


pancakes
pancakes 2
Food portions are American sized - very very generous.

hawaiian omelette 1450yen
I took a bite of my friend's Hawaiian Omelette - the egg was fluffy and well-flavoured. I thought it was one of the better omelettes I've had in Japan.

locomoco 1400yen
My BF got their Locomoco, so I got to take a bite of his dish as well.
I have never had a locomoco in Hawaii before, so I don't quite have a standard to compare this with, but I thought it was not bad.

The gravy was rich and thick, and it went well with rice. The egg was runny, just the way I like. 

full size kalua pork eggs benedict 1650yen
I got their full size kalua pork eggs benedict. I like that they were very generous with the hollandaise sauce - just look at my eggs benedict swimming in that sauce!

The eggs were also perfect - absolutely no complains about my dish. 
It's not the best egg benedicts I have ever had, but enough to satisfy any cravings I have. 

Besides the one I had, they have other flavours of eggs benedict, from traditional flavours like smoked salmon to Hawaiian inspired flavours like crab cakes and mahi mahi fish. 

In total, they offer 6 different types of eggs benedicts!   

hamburger with pineapple 1250yen +250yen
I didn't try their burgers, but it was bigger than your average burger in Japan. 
They were also very generous with their fries. 
our feast!
After our mains, we ordered french toast and pancakes to share for our desserts.

french toast 750yen
The french toast was quite standard - not particularly outstanding, but not bad either. The toast was a little dry, but slathering on the maple syrup that came with it made it good.

I quite like the sunny presentation. I thought it came with small balls of ice cream, but turns out it was butter. I almost popped a huge chunk of it in my mouth.
acai pancakes 1100yen
Acai Pancakes is basically buttermilk pancakes smothered in acai, topped with fresh fruit toppings. The presentation was very pretty and felt very Hawaiian.

Taste wise, I felt that the pancakes were a little dry - the only saving grace of this pancake was its lavish, colourful toppings.  

Besides acai pancakes, they had 7 other different pancakes flavours.

our desserts
Overall, good old fashion brunch - no frills and basic but good enough to satisfy our cravings.
Compared to other cafes around the area, this place isn't too crowded so it might be a good choice for those wanting a hearty breakfast while avoiding crazy queues during the weekend in Omotesando.

Address: Jingumae 5-13-2 B1F, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
〒150-0001 東京都渋谷区神宮前5-12-14 D-ASSET 2F
Phone: 03-6418-4295
Hours: Mon - Fri 11am - 10pm(L.O 9pm)
Sat, Sun, PH 9am - 10pm(L.O 9pm)
Website: www.cinnamonstokyo.com

Comments

Popular Posts